Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 11, 2000

Behind the Lens



I've had a camera in my hand for as long as I can remember. My father was my initial inspiration for photography, as I was surrounded by the images he created when I was young and it grew from there. From the big clunky point and shoot, to the disposable and now my camera of choice, the Nikon D300, I love to capture moments with whatever camera is at hand. (Even on my wedding day I couldn't keep the camera out of my hands!)

When I was young I was fascinated with old run down barns, (ok, I still am and often make my husband pull over so I can snap my camera a few times!) fall colors, children, couples in love, brides and all the special moments that life has to offer. These precious moments that seem to slip by so fast...and ya know...they last longer if you take a picture of them! (see that line still works even if you aren't an 8 year old on the playground!)

I truly believe that talent and passion are gifts given from God, therefore I believe it is part of who God created me to be to use my photography to help spread the Glory of God.

I am a passionate person and it shows in my love for God, my husband and my children. I put 100% into all that I do (except for maybe cleaning the bathroom).

My passion for people and capturing those moments of life spill over into my love for photography, so that I create images that you will treasure for a lifetime.

I hope you allow me to share my Simple Heart with you.


What makes Rachael unique:
Look who's talking:
I sometimes talk so fast people insist I am from New York.

Whatcha' got cookin'?:
I LOVE to cook and am so blessed that I have a husband who loves to eat yummy food. I am told our house always smells good with my latest dish that is brewing on the stove or cooking in the oven.

Wanna' Chat?:
I think the best conversations happen over a warm cup of coffee or big glass of red wine while sitting in overstuffed chairs with your feet up, and probably barefoot.

Need a friend?:
I love making new friends and I have a lot of friends all over the world! It is well known by my husband and my family that I could drive across the country and have a place to stay with friends the whole way. It's always good to have connections, right?!

No comments: