Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A man and his Honda

I remember the night when my dad came home with his "new" car. I was in 8th grade and on the phone in my room. I remember saying I needed to go, so that I could go and see my dad's new car.

Since then...we became a Honda family.  My first car was a Honda, my brother's first car was a Honda, my sister's first car was a Honda.  You could say we are brand loyal! 

I learned to drive stick shift in this car.  I passed the "steep hill" test in this car.  All five of the kids in our family have fond and funny memories of this car.

The time has come, 25 years and 417,236 miles later for this beloved Honda to end it's term as a member of the Honda family in the Patt driveway.  

My dad has tried everything to keep this car running for as long as humanly possible.  He had faithful friends in the back seat to keep him company and safe. It may have rattled a bit, you might have gotten a workout driving because of lack of power steering fluid, the door might have fallen off if you closed it too hard, but it got you to your destination, time after time.
 
Thanks for the memories!  Glad I was able to capture a few memories for my dad to have once this car goes off to Honda Heaven!
 






 

No comments: