Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 6, 2015

52 Week Challenge: Week 13- New Life

I have always loved the idea of having farm fresh eggs, but they are expensive to buy.  As I was driving out in the country, on my way to my in-laws yesterday I saw a sign for someone selling them for only $1.50 a dozen!  Now that is a deal for fresh eggs!  I asked my in-laws if they knew someone that sells eggs and sure enough their neighbor does!  I got an even better deal...a dozen, straight from the chicken coup for FREE!  


I will go there again!  If I make it a regular item in my fridge, I will pay for them.  =)


I was pleasantly surprised to see how pretty the eggs were!  How appropriate, because it was Easter weekend!  Too bad we already colored our eggs for Sunday.  I also found it fitting as I reflect on Easter and the meaning of this special feast day.   

Eggs are a symbol of new life.  Jesus came to bring us new life, as He rose from the dead, opened the gates of Heaven and prepared a place for us.  We don't have Easter eggs just because they are pretty, they remind us of the new life in Christ we have because of His sacrifice for us.  Thank you Jesus for this new life, and help me to not take it for granted. 


And thank you for these beautiful farm fresh eggs.  They made great fried eggs for breakfast!



Just in case you wanted to see how pretty they were frying in the cast iron skillet

No comments: