Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

a new direction...

Well, I know this is my photography website, which will still remain, but I have decided to use this also for my Half Marathon Training Blog--that is right--you read that right... I am training for a Half Marathon!!!!

Inspired by my husband from a conversation about me NEVER wanting to run a full Marathon, because I had ABSOLUTELY no desire to run for 5 hours...who does that?!?! (no offense to all my friends who have done it! You actually inspire me, I just have NO DESIRE to run that many hours straight!) But I do love two things about running a marathon...the GLORY of crossing the finish line! Having people cheer you on along the way, maybe even friends from the crowed running a mile or two with you. Every time I read about someone else's marathon experience, I cry as I read the part about them crossing the finish line!!! SO inspiring!!!!

I also love the discipline of the training! Getting those runs in, increasing your endurance, having a goal to shoot for and then accomplishing it! WOW! I love it! (this love for discipline almost got me to join the military several times in my life! I just wanted to go to boot camp for the discipline! Is that so wrong?!)

So, after telling my husband all of this he says..."Sounds to me like you need to run a Marathon!" I quickly responded..."No, you didn't hear me right...I HAVE NO DESIRE TO RUN A MARATHON!" Then he suggested..."Ok, what about a half marathon?" I thought for a moment...."Ok..maybe that I could do!"

So, my friend Bob Rice who has done several triathlons and one marathon was thinking about doing the half up in Cleveland...this intrigued me....so then I went to my good friend Kristi--who is always up for a challenge...and asked her..."So, do you want to run a half marathon with me!?" She took the bait and has become my training partner!!! We do great motivating each other to get our sorry butts out of bed at 6am!! (ok 6:15am) I also thought..hey...my mom likes to run and she lives in Cleveland, I bet she would be up for it too...so YUP! Mom is running it with us!!

So...enjoy the reading and I hope that you enjoy my ramblings about my training for my FIRST EVER HALF MARATHON!!

The race is Sunday, May 18th. In Cleveland....come and cheer me on or run a few with me!!

No comments: