Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 24, 2016

Rainbow Baby

This is a post that I wanted to write several years ago and never did.  As I have written about many times in the past, I am honored to be a part of an amazing non-profit organization Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. I have had the distinct privilege of taking some of the only pictures taken of some very precious souls!

One family that I met a few years ago was the Foster family. I immediately fell in love with Nora and Brent and their sweet son Cade.  When he was born they learned that he would not live for long, but that didn't stop them from giving him all the love and attention that a newborn deserves.  Despite their sadness that they would only have him with them on this side of heaven for a short time, their joy was contagious!  I loved not only how they looked at their sweet boy with immense love, but also each other. The love in that NICU room was so palpable!  As parents they were worried about how he would do for his photoshoot, worried that he would get fussy if we maneuvered him too much...but much to all of our surprise he handled it like a champ! He was so sweet, cooperated and gave me the sweetest expressions.  This little miracle captured my heart!

Over the eight years that I have been involved with NILMDTS, I have kept in touch with a handful of families and always let the families lead that connection if they so desire.  So, when I received an email from Nora several months back I was delighted to hear from her.  She shared with me the joyous news that they were expecting again and they had asked if I would do them the honor of photographing their rainbow baby, (often families who have lost a child refer to their next child as their rainbow baby). Undoubtedly my answer was YES and I couldn't wait to meet the next miracle in their family.

Sweet Indy Marie was born in October and I met her a few short days after she was born and I could just eat up her sweetness!  She is the apple of her parents' eye, and they just beamed again with love as they did for Cade.  I am so excited to share a few of the images from her newborn shoot.  Sweet Indy is now a member of my Heartbeat Club so there will be more to share as her first year continues.

Nora and Brent are such a beautiful witness of their faith in God, their trust in His plan and their acceptance of His will, even when it doesn't go the way they had planned. Our faith gives us hope for greater things in God's bigger design.  We don't always understand the path He has us on, but we trust that His reasons are bigger and wider than we could ever imagine!

Thank you Foster family for inviting me to capture such precious memories of your blessings!










No comments: