Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 19, 2014

Destination Wedding Photographer: Mexico

I love meeting all the different Brides and Grooms at the Bridal shows that I attend!  They are all so excited about the details of planning their upcoming wedding and it is so fun to hear their ideas!  I just LOVE weddings!!

The beauty of it being their wedding day, allows them to make the decisions of how that day will look.  Formal and fancy. Country and laid back.  Fun and sassy.  The possibilities are endless!  Some even go so far to want to make it international and relaxing!  I remember meeting that couple!  Kevin and Michelle came to my booth at a bridal show and I asked when and where their wedding was going to be and they said, "We are not sure yet, but we are thinking of doing a destination wedding!" I hear this occasionally, but couples don't always follow through as they get further in the planning but that was not the case with these two! They are full of adventure and fun!

When I met with them a few weeks later, they confirmed that they are on board with doing a destination wedding and knew that photography was so important to them that they wanted to bring someone they could get to know before hand and someone from the states, so they could easily communicate afterwards.  We hit it off right away and I was honored when they asked me to be the storyteller for their wedding day in Mexico!

I can't believe that was over a year ago now that we had that meeting, and we leave Thursday for Mexico!  I am really excited for them and really excited for all the beautiful images we are going to get for their special day as they get married at the Azul Sensatori Resort in Riviera Maya. 

Just a quick thought....if you are planning a destination wedding, there are good reasons to bring a photographer with you verses relying on a resort photographer.

#1 Hiring someone you never met to photograph such an important and special day is a big risk.  Are you willing to entrust that responsibility to a stranger?  What if you don't feel comfortable with the person?

#2 When going out of the country, the language barrier could prevent you from getting the types of images you want for your wedding photography.

#3 Receiving your images after the wedding from a resort photographer...not sure how that works honestly, but just thinking about the possibility of them getting lost in the shuffle kind of stresses me out. 

#4 Having all of  my clients receive an album is important to me, (as I believe this is part of my job as their storyteller), this would be more difficult to do from such a distance, and again with the language barrier. 

Bottom line, if you are thinking of planning a destination wedding don't rule out booking a photographer from your area and bringing them with you.  It will give you much more peace of mind and you will have images that you love from a photographer that you know and trust!

I look forward to sharing some of the fun that we will have in Mexico in the next week or so! Stay tuned!


YES! He went to Jared!




No comments: