Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 9, 2015

Indianapolis Engagement Photographer: Winter Snow Session

I can't say that I love being cold.  Although I grew up in Wisconsin, Rochester, NY and of course, Cleveland, OH, I am very familiar with cold weather! Years of Catholic school have turned my legs numb to the cold, from wearing uniform skirts during the winter months.   I will also admit that  my two and a half years that I spent in California ruined me! My blood thinned and in the words of my father, I turned into a "Wussie" when it comes to the cold.

That all being said, I never thought I would be so excited to do an engagement session in the snow! When Sarah and Anthony contacted me about doing their engagement session, I was excited that they wanted to do a "Winter/Christmas" themed session since they got engaged right before Christmas.  This of course warmed my heart, because my husband and I got engaged at Christmas.  Little did I know that we were going to get our first official snow fall of 2015 the day before their shoot. SCORE!

We headed over to Jay's Tree Farm in Mooresville, IN and thank you to my husband who recommended I put on several layers of clothes before leaving. (Thank you Jesus for my husband who works outside in this cold weather!)

It was cold, but we pushed through and it was SO worth it!  I am so pleased with how their images turned out and I am so excited to share a few of my favorites with you!

Sarah and Anthony, you two were real troopers!  I will not admit who was the least happy of the two about being out in the cold, OK Anthony?!  (Oh, sorry!) Regardless their LOVE kept them warm! They were so darn cute cuddling together to keep each other warm!










No comments: