Follow rachaelmeier on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am on a mission in 2012


I have been waiting to send out this post for a while. I wrote it a few months ago, was going to release it, but then started working with someone to re-design my blog, so I thought now that it is finished that this would a perfect time for this post. Fresh new blog, fresh new year...rolling out my mission.Special props to my new friend Margi who rocked my design for my blog!. If you have a blog you would like designed, she is your woman! So, now onto the meat and potatoes of this post...


I believe that mission and vision statements are an important part to not only a business, but also to different aspects of your life. Brian and I wrote a vision statement for what we wanted to create for our wedding day and in the midst of planning all the details we often went back to that vision to make sure it all worked with what we wanted to create. So when the day before our wedding and things got a little hectic, he reminded me of that statement and everything calmed down. It kept us centered and focused on what was most important.


Therefore I wanted to write a mission statement for my business so that I could do the same with my business. I took a lot of time to brainstorm, write down different words and phrases, focus on what kind of environment I want to create for my clients and who I want to be as a photographer in order to come up with my mission statement. I wanted to make sure that it reflected what I really wanted to strive for in my business.


Here were some of my thoughts that came to me as I was coming up with my mission statement:

As a wedding and portrait photographer, I desire to use my gifts and talents that God gave me to provide an experience for you to feel free to be comfortable as yourself. I am passionate about my love for God, my family and capturing the moments of life that so quickly pass us by. I desire to know each person I meet as the unique person that they were created to be. I strive to keep things simple so it is only the moments of life you remember.



Simply capturing the art of life

Life is a masterpiece! A beautiful work of art made up of small, simple, and meaningful details. They all play a role in who we are and where we are today.


A playful smile,

a contagious laughter,

the softness of skin,a loving embrace…the art goes on and on.


Why Simple heART photography:

When I was thinking about a name for my business this name came to me quickly, but the meaning unfolded as I put more thought into it. I love the idea of things being kept simple. Life is complicated enough on its own, it is nice to slow down and appreciate the simple things in life that so quickly pass us by. I do not like to carry around a lot of extra equipment, 17 lights, and 14 different lenses to a shoot…I have my camera, my flash and a small collection of lenses that allow me to get the job done…simply. Also, photography for me is art that comes from my heart. Whenever
I deliver and image to a client, I am sharing a piece of my heart with them Hence, the word heart with ART emphasized.


The end result: the mission statement of Simple Heart Photography:


I desire to provide my clients with high quality and affordable photography to simply capture life’s special moments that reflect the person as they were created to be. Using the talents and gifts that God gave me I put my passion in all of my work. You are more than a client...you are friend.


In 2012, I am looking to take my business to the next level. I would like to increase my client base and serve my clients with a customer service that will leave them excited about coming back for their next portrait session, or eager to pass my name on to other friends who are getting married. I am excited to hear the stories about clients who smile every time they see their portraits hanging on their wall, that captured that memory as if it happened yesterday.


As with most businesses...it's is all about who you know. You, are who I know! Therefore, I am wondering if you are willing to pass my name on to who you know! I am hoping that the relationships that I cherish with you will bear the fruit that grows my business this year.


I look forward to seeing you and your loved ones in front of my lens, and I share a piece of my heart from behind it.


No comments: